ETIQUETTE & RULES
- Bow to Grand Master Carlos Gracie Sr. and Master Renzo Gracie when you enter the training area.
- Bow to Grand Master Carlos Gracie Sr. and Master Renzo Gracie when you exit the training area.
- Keep a respectful posture in the training area.
- Classes begin with a formal bow to the Professor, with students lining up in descending Rank order.
- Classes end with a formal bow to the picture of Grand Master Carlos Gracie Senior and Master Renzo Gracie, and then to the Professor.
- All students must line up with their attendance card in hand at the beginning of the class.
- If you need to leave the mat or leave earlier you must ask permission from the Professor.
- Shake hands with your partner before and after practice.
- Always show respect to your Professors and Teammates. Absolutely no foul language inside the academy.
- Keep fingernails and toenails short for everyone’s safety.
- The uniform (GI, Rashguard, shorts, etc.) must be clean at all times.
- The uniform must be worn at all times, do not take your GI off during class.
- Shirt must be worn at all times in the lobby, please use locker room for changing.
- All metal objects, jewelry, earrings, necklaces and other items should be removed during class.
- Stay home and rest if you are ill or suffering from any skin infections.
- No video recording while class is in session.
- No shoes on the mat.
- No food or drink on the mat.
- No cell phones in the training area.
- All students and instructors must wear shoes when walking outside of the training area.
143 Christopher Columbus Dr, Jersey City, NJ 07302, USA
Leave a Reply ·